Time Capsule wireless backup failure

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by glennsan, Jan 5, 2012.

1. glennsan macrumors regular

I have a 4th gen 2GB AEBS that I have previously used for wirelessly backing up my laptop but yesterday it failed with error "backup disk is not available." I can see the AEBS in my network and can connect to the internet but no backup. If I reboot it it will work for about 12 hours then quit. The only change I made was to enable file sharing but if I disable it still does not work. I would rather not restore but will if needed.

Any ideas?

Glennsan

2. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

Exact same thing here. I'm getting that error on both laptops now.

3. laurenr macrumors 6502a

You can add me to that list. My Time Cap is only a couple of months old and I will repeatedly see the message "backup disk is not available." I have found the only way to correct the problem is to use Airport Utility to restart the base station; then I use the "Backup now" option to verify all is okay. This totally works.......until a few days later when the whole process has to be repeated.

I am wondering if downgrading the firmware would eradicate the problem?

4. glennsan thread starter macrumors regular

Time Capsule Wireless Backup Failure

My Time Capsule is working now for three days. I did not do anything to it that I had not done before that did not work. Just keep trying and hopefully it will start to work.

Glennsan