Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deniser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Cornwall, England
Hi all,

I was just wondering if a usb hub attached to the usb port on the time capsule with a printer and a usb external HDD attached would work.

I have ordered the 500gb Time Capsule. I already have a 500GB usb/fw external HDD I use for time machine. To be able to access a second HDD and printer vis time capsule would be good for just backing up individual files.

OldSkoolNJ

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
Hi all,

I was just wondering if a usb hub attached to the usb port on the time capsule with a printer and a usb external HDD attached would work.

I have ordered the 500gb Time Capsule. I already have a 500GB usb/fw external HDD I use for time machine. To be able to access a second HDD and printer vis time capsule would be good for just backing up individual files.

Yes it will. The USB port on the time capsule will function just like it did with the AEBS. I have a HD/USB hub plugged into mine. Then into the hub I have two printers and then an open port for a thumb drive. All CPUs have access to all four items.

Kevin :apple:

ranasing

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2008
Yes it will. The USB port on the time capsule will function just like it did with the AEBS. I have a HD/USB hub plugged into mine. Then into the hub I have two printers and then an open port for a thumb drive. All CPUs have access to all four items.

Kevin :apple:

Just curious as to which hub your are using? Thanks!

basqarl

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2007
Just curious as to which hub your are using? Thanks!

I have had the same question and am glad to read this thread. My question has to do with the order in which the devices are added. I have an HP printer and if I don't plug the cords in the correct sequence, the printer won't work. I just purchased a 7 port self powered USB hub that does not come with specific directions either.

Right now I have 2 500 gb external hard drives attached to the time capsule (the two 500s are connected to one another and then plugged into the one USB port on the MBP, and the printer and a laser (non-bluetooth) mouse plugged into the third USB port of the MBP.

So should I just 'experiment' or is there a particular order in which this needs to happen? Thanks for any guidance that might help me and others with the same dilemma. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.