Time Capsule with VPN (iPass)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Loge, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

Has anyone had any luck with Time Capsule and VPN connections?

I have a new 2TB Time Capsule, running 7.4.2, and while my wireless network is working fine with my macs and iPhone, I cannot get the VPN iPassConnect client for my work PC laptop to work at all.

I can connect the PC to the network with no problem, but running the VPN client just says "fails to associate" and then disconnects me.

This was to replace an old Linksys router that just worked out of the box.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

2. akm3 macrumors 68020

Not specifically related, but when I upgraded to snow leopard my cisco vpn cient kept throwing an error that it couldn't connect to the vpn subsystem (sounds similar to your error) and a reinstall fixed it.

3. Loge thread starter macrumors 68020

Loge

Did you reinstall your VPN client or Snow Leopard? I'm using a work Windows XP laptop for this; I'm not able to reinstall the VPN.

For now I have the TC setup as a bridge from the 5 year old Linksys. Progress, eh?

4. akm3 macrumors 68020

For me I reinstalled the Cisco VPN client, and that fixed it (and then, I learned I could use the new Snow Leopard built in VPN to now connect to Cisco VPN IPsec so now I'm not using it at all...0

Sorry, I don't have a suggestion. Try running straight through ignoring the router to narrow down the issue.

5. Loge thread starter macrumors 68020

Loge

Finally got it working. I think the VPN client on my XP laptop has been updated since September; I had to reserve a particular IP address for it in the Airport utility, but anyway it works :D