Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robbo3863

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
Hello all, looking for a little help with my TC. I (very) stupidly disconnected my TC from my router when my internet failed last week and now i cannot reconnect it. I have (I think) a third gen Time Capsule, it was connected to my Telstra supplied Netgear CG3100D router via an ethernet cable, but for the life of me I cannot get that happy green light to appear. I have tried many times but with no luck. The router has 5 ports on it, one Internet WAN and four ethernet. The TC has one WAN and 3 ethernet but I cannot remember which was plugged into which. Old age and stupidity is a dangerous combination ! Hoping someone can help.....

G-Mo

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2010
Auckland, NZ
Hello all, looking for a little help with my TC. I (very) stupidly disconnected my TC from my router when my internet failed last week and now i cannot reconnect it. I have (I think) a third gen Time Capsule, it was connected to my Telstra supplied Netgear CG3100D router via an ethernet cable, but for the life of me I cannot get that happy green light to appear. I have tried many times but with no luck. The router has 5 ports on it, one Internet WAN and four ethernet. The TC has one WAN and 3 ethernet but I cannot remember which was plugged into which. Old age and stupidity is a dangerous combination ! Hoping someone can help.....

Ethernet on the router and WAN on the TC (would be the most standard connection).

robbo3863

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
Time Capsule Woes

Thanks G-Mo, green light and happily backing up. (And all connections marked for future reference !!)

Appreciate the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.