Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonathanm1222

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
I was having trouble connecting to the internet so I reset my Time Capsule. The reset worked and I was able to reconnect. The problem now is that I am no longer able to back up my Mac Book Pro to the Time Capsule. The warning reads: "The backup disk could not be found. Make sure the backup disk is connected or select a different backup disk."

I've never had this problem before. Backup usually occurs on a regular basis. Any suggestions?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I was having trouble connecting to the internet so I reset my Time Capsule. The reset worked and I was able to reconnect. The problem now is that I am no longer able to back up my Mac Book Pro to the Time Capsule. The warning reads: "The backup disk could not be found. Make sure the backup disk is connected or select a different backup disk."

I've never had this problem before. Backup usually occurs on a regular basis. Any suggestions?

It is because your Mac still thinks it is backing up to a disk on an old router. Simply fire up System Preferences from :apple: --> System Preferences --> Time Machine --> Select Disk. Select your disk and the backups will begin again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.