Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by A Macbook Pro, May 12, 2011.

1. A Macbook Pro macrumors 6502

I've heard bad things about this product. Numerous power supply failures, overheating, etc. Can anybody say something good about the Time Capsule or should I wait until an update? It sounds like a great idea but I can't backup to something that might just **** itself because it has an internal power supply.

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

There have been problems, there's even a website documenting them.

3. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

let say it this way: mine is switched off as the last try to rebuild the backup failed several times ...

I use my NAS and external disks for additional backup ... the versioning I to old-fashinoned with folders ... just don't trust my TC anymore ... the only product from Apple I regret to own ... looks nice at the first days ... just not reliable in long run.

Bad for me: I can't find the receipt anymore and can't really go back to the store. Wrote off mentally ...

4. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

My refurbished 1TB is working smashingly wirelessly backing up my Mini and Air and is covered by AppleCare on either computer.

I've heard it's not as smooth as Time Capsule, but some have had success in buying an Airport Extreme and then plugging in an External HD to it for Time Machine.

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

That's the set up I use. :)