time capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by vix2000, Aug 29, 2011.

1. vix2000 macrumors regular

Does time capsule work seamlessly with Lion?

I am having problems with my buffalo linkstation even after updating the firmware, so have been looking into alternatives that will work with my MBA and apple tv2. I also need the router to work with sky bb.

Does anyone have any opinions of this please?

2. jpl6 macrumors member

Time Capsule works well with Lion for me. I've been using it with a MBA, and also did a restore via Migration Assistant when I exchanged my previous MBA for a larger capacity model.

However, all the backups I've done were straight Lion. I didn't have an existing Snow Leopard system/backup before I started using Lion (not sure if that might be a factor with your problems?).

3. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I have a 2TB i7 iMac that has been backed up for 18 months on Snow Leopard, and more recently after an upgrade to OSX 10.7 Lion. The process was seamless and backups are flawless.

My daughter also has an iMac that was upgraded as above. Flawless.

I have a 2009 Rev C MBA that had a clean install of SN, then upgraded to Lion. Flawless.

My daughter has a 2010 Rev D MBA that was also clean installed to Lion as above. Flawless.

I have a 2011 Rev E MBA that came with OSX 10.7 preinstalled. Flawless.

The iMac is backed up to one TC. Two of the MBAs share a 2nd TC. My daughter also has a 2TB TC, and she uses it to back up both her iMac and her MBA.

Both of the iMacs are connected via ethernet cables to their respective TCs. All of the MBAs back up over WiFi.

Go for it.

/Jim

4. vix2000 thread starter macrumors regular