Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Broph

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
New Zealand
Hi,

Anyone know when the next iteration of Time Capsule should be due? When was the last one released?

I just want to wirelessly backup (and if possible, stream movies wirelessly stored on the HDD to my MBP / iPhone 4s). So on second thought, I would probably need an Airport Express with an external HDD, correct?

So yeah, buy now, or is it due for an upgrade?

I can't understand why they're not a modem + router - Apple wants to get rid of clutter, and I thought that they would make it both.

brueck

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Hi,

Anyone know when the next iteration of Time Capsule should be due? When was the last one released?

I just want to wirelessly backup (and if possible, stream movies wirelessly stored on the HDD to my MBP / iPhone 4s). So on second thought, I would probably need an Airport Express with an external HDD, correct?

So yeah, buy now, or is it due for an upgrade?

I can't understand why they're not a modem + router - Apple wants to get rid of clutter, and I thought that they would make it both.

modems depend on your internet provider. they're not all the same. therefore, apple would have to make many different models...

I think they will be updated in 2012, but that's just my gut feeling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.