Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iBertel, Jun 21, 2012.

1. iBertel macrumors newbie

Hello. So im having some troubles with a timecapsule setup and was hoping some of you would help me out a bit.

The problem is i cant backup wireless on my 2 computers. I can plug in with the cable form the Time Capsule and back up, but once i remove cable, it no longer can find the disk even though its connect directly into the airport - which works fine with delivering internet to both of my computers, i just cant see my TC on the network.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. iBertel thread starter macrumors newbie

I have also try to hard-reset the airport and reconfigured it from scratch - nothing helps :-/

Anyone have any idea to what i can do from here on?

3. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

I occasionally run across this issue. Two things to try:

- from the TM preference pane, select "no disk" and then reselect the The Time Capsule disk as the backup location. Re-entering the disk password if set.

If that doesn't work try this:

- through finder, navigate to the sparsebundle file on the Time Capsule under the folder label with your computers name. Double click it to mount it in finder, and then kick off TM manually.

One of those two solutions typically resolves the problem for me.

4. iBertel thread starter macrumors newbie

But i cant see the disk if i dont use cable, so i cant reselsct it :-/ If i havent got the cable plugged directly in the computer, i cant see any disks to backup on.

5. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

Oops, I assumed you meant Time Machine couldn't find the disk. So have you rebooted your computer?

6. iBertel thread starter macrumors newbie

I have try everything - all simple stuff you can think of... REboot computer, reboot TC, reboot all routers, soft and hard-reset the TC. Cant get my TC showed when i need to choose disk wireless - i can only see it if i connect the disk directly into the computer.

Anyone else have any ideas? This is driving me crazy!!

7. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

Sorry to keep pushing the obvious stuff, but the Guest network would give you internet access w/o access network file and shared services. Any chance you have this feature enabled and might be connecting wirelessly via the guest network?

8. DOUGHNUT macrumors regular

anybody have experience with using Time Capsule as a wireless file server?
    i'm planning on getting the 256GB SSD rMBP, and wanted to have wireless access to external drives. I've read you could set up the Time Machine backup file to a certain limited size so it doesn't keep on expanding until the Time Capsule is filled up.

How is the performance on the latest generation Time Capsule over 802.11N as far as wireless file transfers? Also, if you connect to the Time Capsule AirPort network, would the Time Capsule data drive automatically mount? or would i need to make a manual connection?

any advice please feel free and chime in. I'd be okay not having a back up of the files since i'm mainly going to use the drive to store my music which I have back up on iCloud anyway.
    Thanks

9. PrisEsca macrumors newbie

Help!

So I'm totally new to this whole Apple stuff..I bought a time capsule today and I've been having problems with the setup too!

I plug in the TC and when I start up Airport Utility, it doesn't find it at all. Is it even possible to set it up without an ethernet cable? I just need to back up all my data, but I can't because I'm stuck with the whole setup. Someone please help! ..it will be greatly appreciated!!

P.S. I'm using it to back up an iMac (2011 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4 GB ram) and a MacBook Pro (2011 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 4 GB ram).

10. PrisEsca macrumors newbie