Time Capusal & ibook Power Cable Questions

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by X-JRO, Dec 18, 2008.

1. X-JRO macrumors member

Hey guys, I've lurked for a while and though I'd finally post.

Just wanted to ask a few questions (just for context sake, I'm in Australia);

I'm currently on a 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 24" beast and I'm running a PC at the other end of the house. The PC is connect to the wired ADSL router which is connected to a Wireless router (only G I think, it was only about 100 bucks so that's what I'm guessing) that supplies connection to this computer.

I was think about picking up a Time capsule for a stronger and hopefully faster connection. I was thing the Time Capsule, over just the standard wifi thing (not sure what Apple are calling it), due to the fact I've been needing an external hard drive for a while and why not get the two in one? But, on the other had, I don't really have any REAL important data on this computer (bar some movies and edited footage I don't have saved anywhere else), do I really need the back up feature? Is that the main plug for the product? Am I going to be paying for something I won't use?

I'm either looking at the 500 GB or the 1TB priced $429 and $699 respectively.

Any pro-tips for me?

On a side note, my brother picked up an second hand ibook off ebay that didn't come with a power cable... I'm pretty sure it's just an ibook g4 (2003) 14". Anyone know where I can pick up a power cable that will work here in Aus?

Cheers.

2. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

Time Capsule looks to be a good solution for you. If i were in need of another external and a new wireless base station, then i would probably do the same thing.

Wireless N, would benefit you since you plan on using it for data backup on Time Capsule, since N has faster data transfer rates. Sounds like a good buy to me.

3. Slowstick macrumors 6502