Time/Date got reset after i reboot and my Wi-Fi connection keychain

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by svkrzn, Feb 11, 2011.

1. svkrzn macrumors regular

Hello, i have a MBP bought in december 2009, so it's only 1year and 2 months old. It was working flawlessly until now. I usually reboot it once a week. Yesterday it was a reboot day. I did that and on system startup after i did the login, an alert appears saying me that my date is incorrect because it's prior tu 1/1/2008. Change it manually. I also noticed that i got no connection and when iclicked on wi-fi it asked me for the password. So i got into system preferences to change date and time and noticed it was 1/1/2001! I just used my wifi password and date and time got an update.
    So i reboot it again to see if it's all ok and the time was ok but My wifi password still wasn't saved.So i checked my HD status, it's permissions, disabled and re-enabled airport utility. Rebooted again and it's all ok for now.
    What could be the problem for this reset? I don't think it's PRAM battery, it's not that old.

2. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

I've had that happen before on several locations but to be honest I can't remember what I did to fix it.... but yeah it was annoying.

3. svkrzn thread starter macrumors regular

Well this problem does not happen anymore for now. I hope it won't. Too bad you don't remember how to fix it!