Time for a leak?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by folkbloke, May 7, 2013.

  1. folkbloke macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 7, 2013
    #1
    I've been starting to think that it may well be in Apple's interest to give another hint as to when/if we can expect a new Mac Pro.

    I know it's not normal practice for them, but it's my feeling that they could potentially lose an enormous amount of sales from pro users who simply cannot wait in the dark any more. Particularly those in Europe who cannot buy a new Mac Pro any more.

    I'm really struggling with my current mac pro. It's been absolutely brilliant - the best machine I've ever had - but I can't justify doing many more jobs on it. Many other composers working in Film and TV are feeling that the move to PC is inevitable unless we hear something very soon on release of a new mac pro. Even if it's news that it's delayed. I assume others relying on the mac pro'd resources are feeling the same way.

    So, can Apple throw us a bone here?
     
  2. Shrink macrumors G3

    Shrink

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2011
    Location:
    New England, USA
    #2
    Only you would know!!:eek:

    ;)
     
  3. sash macrumors 6502a

    sash

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2004
    #3
    I can't recall any similar advance announcement by Apple in the past... Try writing to Tim Cook, maybe he'll answer as did Steve, occasionally.
     
  4. deconstruct60 macrumors 604

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2009
    #4
    Another hint is indicative that already have one. What makes that one less valid and/or useful.

    When the EU story broke Apple made comments along the lines of

    "... Apple declined to give any further information about a potential Mac Pro replacement except to reiterate that it was "working on a pro product for later this year." ... "
    http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/01/apple-to-stop-shipping-mac-pro-in-europe-on-march-1/


    It isn't potentially. They are loosing sales to folks who need to buy right now. They already know that. There are some new GPU cards but the most part there is little they could say for folks who have work to do right now.


    The only folks possibly be swayed are those whose needs aren't immediate and are thinking of maybe updating later.

    If it is a performance problem there are components that can address a number of these. Some (e.g., faster drives ) are transferable to a new Mac Pro like solution.


    How is it "news" that the Mac Pro's update is delayed? The fact that it isn't shipping means it is delayed.
     

Share This Page