Time for a Macbook..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by getatkyill, Apr 2, 2009.

1. getatkyill macrumors regular

Its about that time I switch on over to a Macbook and just had a couple questions before I make the change.

I already know which Macbook I want but for me to come up with $2000-$2500 isn't happening just yet. So that being said, I think (I know I will pay more in the long run) I'm going to finance one through Best Buy.

Just wanted to know if anyone has done this and is it really hard to get approved for the card? Also, if there are other ways to finance Macbooks then please feel free to let me know as well, thank you in advance.

2. desiringGod macrumors regular

You can buy a refurb baseline Aluminum MB for $1099. It should be more than sufficient for most tasks.

Just save up the money and buy the MB so you don't have to worry about Debt.

3. Gyrferret macrumors regular

Gyrferret

Yeah, the guy in the post above me is right. A laptop is NOT something worth financing. I promised myself that I would NEVER buy anything that I didn't have the money for. Hell, it's the reason that I don't have a credit card still. And I'm not rich. It took me months working at (41 cents above) minimum wage to save up for it.

And besides, it's a much better feeling knowing that you fully own something. MUCH MUCH better feeling...

4. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...new tech is NOT the type of thing you want to finance... you get a few months paid and something better comes along...buyers remorse...

5. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Please don't finance a computer. Save up a $1000 and look for a good value-priced Mac then. If you are starting a business from $0 and need a computer, finance a $300 - $400 windows laptop with no warranty (extra charge), and pay it off asap.

6. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Unfortunately, you're discovering the hard way that you cannot simply post a question on MacRumors regarding finance and expect to receive a helpful reply, OP. My apologies for the above posts!

That said; has anybody used Best Buy finance, or have any other finance alternatives for the OP to consider?

7. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

best buy financing is not very hard to get and they have 18 months no interest.

8. getatkyill thread starter macrumors regular

I just need a laptop now, I don't have $2000 to just drop on a laptop and I'm not worried about newer models coming out so no buyer's remorse.

Also, I can afford the payments for financing so it wouldn't be a problem. Just need to know how serious Best Buy is when it comes to financing. Thank you