Time for a new battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Squirrelflight, May 7, 2014.

1. Squirrelflight macrumors member

[​IMG]

I think it's time for me to finally get a new battery. I have the 'replace soon' warning, but I'd really like a new battery. My power can be at 100 per cent and in 40 minutes be needing to be charged again. I want to buy a new macbook soon, but for now I might as well replace the battery. My comp is still fast, but it does take a lot longer to boot up and I notice things slow down when the power is nearly out.

My mdoel is A1278. Is this the correct battery I should buy?

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/MB771LL/A/rechargeable-battery-13-inch-macbook -aluminum

I think it's about time I do this. XD

2. rapicell macrumors regular

The battery you listed is for the late 2008 13.3 (MB 5,1) unibody and from what coconut battery states, your MBP is 7,1 (2010?). That means the battery wouldn't work or even fit properly in your MBP

3. Squirrelflight thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! It was confusing as the apple website had people saying it was the right battery and some saying it wasn't. I can't find it on the apple website - the only battery they had a link to was for Macbook 13inch and it brought you to just that one.

I bought my Macbook in 2010 and the box says 2009 and has CDs for 2010 in it. But I guess it was the 2010 model.

4. Squirrelflight thread starter macrumors member