Hi, Back in 2008 I got an iMac and short after an Apple Cinema Display of 24 inches and after dealing with the issue of the display mini-port to mini-dvi I got it work like a charm. Now fast forward to November 2012 when from so odd reason the fan of the iMac got stuck (maybe dust) and my video card failed (this also seems to be a common issue for iMacs like mine [early 2008]). Long story short after replacing the video card twice my iMac, it is still failing to show the video. Everything else is working, I can even access my iMac files from the network or SSH to it, but the video will work for a month and then stop and so on. So, I decide well, maybe it is time to buy a new computer. I am web developer, I code in LAMP and I watch some videos from time to time, but I never play games or render anything on the computer. I was thinking to put the iMac on sale on eBay for parts, as well as the Apple Cinema Display and that should give me around $700 to $900 to play around. I started to think that maybe I should buy a PC instead and that in case of a similar situation in the future I will just replace the CPU or the damage part for less and keep going, but to my surprise if you want to put together a nice PC system that match all the features I have in my Mac it is not that cheap or so much of a price difference. I am not even mentioning the fact that I am giving up Mac OSX in favor of Windows 8, that is for me the hard part and no, a hackintosh is not the same nor is Linux. I was looking into the new iMac 27 inch display with the Apple Thunderbolt display 27 inches. The 2012 release of both of them in the Apple Refurbish Store goes from $2,500.00 to $2,800.00 depending on the iMac configuration. With that setup I am getting the 3rd generation processor i5 or i7, 1TB HD, 8Gb to 16Gb of RAM, a dual screen of 27 inches each, plus all the other standard features Mac have like the audio, the camera, the lack of extra cables, etc. If you try putting together a similar system with a Dell, HP, Acer, Gateway you will be surprise too on how quickly the price almost match the Apple price and at the end is not a Mac. What should I do?