Time for a new mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by soloer, Oct 20, 2012.

1. soloer macrumors 6502a

soloer

My current Logitech VX Nano is dying, probably not really helped by the fact that I took it apart a couple weeks ago to clean it. So I'm looking for a new one.

I bought the Logitech Anywhere MX yesterday and LOVE it! EXCEPT for one thing that is going to make me return it, which is the lack of a middle mouse button. I'm talking about the mouse wheel click. I know I *could* set the button under the mouse to middle click, or one of the thumb buttons, but after trying it last night it just wasn't cutting it.

So, excluding Apple mice, are there any good recommendations for a mouse similar to the Anywhere MX, but with a working mouse wheel click?

2. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

My two favorite mice are the discontinued but still locatable Logitech MX revolution and the current model (but i think it will be replaced soon) Performance MX. They are both great and the MX revolution actually had a nice charging dock.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I went through a few VX Nanos before Logitech discontinued them. They were the best mouse I ever used. Like you, I replaced it with the next best thing: the Anywhere Mouse MX. I know what you mean about the mouse wheel button, but it just takes a bit of getting used to clicking that center button behind the wheel. I've been using the Anywhere mouse for well over a year and I've become extremely pleased with it. I don't know how long you've had yours, but you might just give yourself some more time to get used to it. I haven't found anything that comes close.

4. colshine macrumors regular

colshine

Steermouse should allow you setup the middle click as you want.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The problem isn't programming the button. Logitech's own software does that, without any need for Steermouse. The problem is getting used to there being a button behind the mouse wheel. With the VX Nano, the wheel itself was a button you could click and program it how you wanted. With the Anywhere Mouse MX, clicking the wheel button only switches between smooth and "notched" scrolling. The programmable button is located behind the wheel.

6. soloer thread starter macrumors 6502a

soloer

Exactly right. I picked up the Marathon Mouse now. I don't like it quite as much as the Anywhere Mouse, but it's not bad at all! And, the wheel button is programmable, so I've got my middle-click option back where I'm used to it :)