Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

byke

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
I want to see Siri overhauled to become (Sir-iJonny)

It would feature long drawn out answers and a Jonny Ive voice/response, but more importantly I want to see the advert in which Jonny describes how Apple have engineered and sourced the very best audio to achieve such a high level of Jonnyism in a phone. A characteristic that has never been done before. And most notably done by taking some of the best characteristics in the world and combining then with lashings of modesty.

We need to start an online campaign for this, as I for one want a Jonny inspired siri.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I stumbled across some sort of rumor article, that indicates that with iOS9, Apple will be revamping Siri. Clearly they need to do something, Both Google Now and Cortana are much better and more functional then Siri.

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
One thing I have noticed with Siri is if you say "Cortana remind me to buy milk" it processes the reminder rather than a remark about having the wrong assistant.

But Apple do need to up their game. Sarcastic remarks and cinema times are one thing but not being able to set a reminder when calling someone (for example) is another.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
I just want Cortana to come to iOS and to use Activator to enable it with a hold of the home button, disabling Siri entirely. It's way better.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
One thing I have noticed with Siri is if you say "Cortana remind me to buy milk" it processes the reminder rather than a remark about having the wrong assistant.

But Apple do need to up their game. Sarcastic remarks and cinema times are one thing but not being able to set a reminder when calling someone (for example) is another.

Yeah I found that out the other day when I forgot I wasn't using my Nokia.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
I stumbled across some sort of rumor article, that indicates that with iOS9, Apple will be revamping Siri. Clearly they need to do something, Both Google Now and Cortana are much better and more functional then Siri.
I saw one rumor article too, but it's more like:
"… that with iOS9, Apple will be revamping Siri's interface." :mad:
http://9to5mac.com/2015/05/05/apple-wwdc-ios-9-music/

I'm using Cortana in the Windows 10 Tech Previews, I'm finding it a bit "odd" that Cortana's returned results are often more accurate and/or descriptive, given that Cortana and Siri are using Bing as a "back end". I'm just hoping for reattaching Google as a back end for Siri, like it used to be.

There was also this, more on point to the article you're alluding to, over on AI a few weeks ago - maybe there's hope after all?
http://appleinsider.com/articles/15...-and-language-teams-with-wave-of-new-openings

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012

Last time I tried reading a text with Siri, it worked. Last time I tried reading a text with Google Now it said the feature wasn't supported yet. Just one example, sure, but one of the few things I used to do with Siri that I tried to do with Google Now.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Not sure about the OP but I definitely feel Siri needs an overhaul. Without even mentioning or comparing to the competition there is vast room for improvement.

I rarely use Siri anymore just because I know the majority of the time I'll be doing whatever I asked manually anyway.

I also have this weird music bug, occasionally after using Hey Siri it will start playing a random song out of my music library. Its very strange. And why oh why when I'm on bluetooth and say Hey Siri Call (name) does it say "Calling (name) on speaker"? Then I have to switch it back to bluetooth manually. One time I got it to work by saying "Hey Siri call (name) using bluetooth" but only once and I can't get it to work again without switching it manually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.