Time for another ethernet adaptor?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ensjesse, Aug 28, 2011.

1. ensjesse macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I have a Late 2006 Macbook that's having problems stating connected via ethernet. It doesn't matter what OS i am running weather it's the original 10.4, 10.5, 10.6 or 10.7 or even Windows. The issue is that whenever i transfer large amounts of data over my network or do some heavy internet browsing the adaptor stops working. It will not renew it's IP address and is unable to work until a restart. I have tried adjusting my MTU, manually configuring the adaptor, tried multiple routers and just for the heck of it multiple cables. Even if i restart the adaptor at command line it is still unable to renew an IP or connect when configured with static IP addresses. I hate using WIFI (never have any problems with it.) Do you think my adaptor is just going bad? Would i have better results with the USB ethernet adaptor?

Thanks in advance.

Jesse

2. unixperience macrumors regular

are you sure its your computer and not your router? does the router shut off if other computers are connected? did you try it with different networks?

3. ensjesse thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I have tried multiple routers. Other devices stay connected. Even direct to the modem still have same issue. Not able to make the adaptor work at all unless I restart.