Time for Apple to start back on the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Razeus, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Razeus macrumors 601

Now that iPhone 4 is out. Let's get back to making things happen for our magical device. It's feeling neglected. More killer apps please.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

So instead of all the iOS developers, Apple should make more "killer" apps?

It would be nice to see proper treatment of the Mac Pro and iMac too.

3. bmat macrumors 6502

Hmm. It does what I want it to do.

4. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

I've mentioned this before, as the available apps made for the iPad are seriously lacking. It's almost as if the developers were waiting for something else to work with...maybe 512MB?

5. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Lacking how?

The software dev kit has only been available since the end of January...

6. Beaverman3001 macrumors 6502

I've heard, and hope it is true, that the more robust apps should be expected August/September. The SDK has been available, but the hardware hasn't. And no one is going to design and release a robust app without having physical hardware to test it on.

7. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

The thought crossed my mind after a Dev told me he will not update his app until the 4 was out.

8. Razeus thread starter macrumors 601

I think this is the problem. iPhone apps come out left and right. iPad apps (and I've spent a nice sum of cash on them) are good, but seem to be missing a little something. I think when iOS 4 comes, it'll be better. No developer wants to develop an app, then have to turn around and re-do it once iOS 4 hits a few months later.

9. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

Lacking in selection alone. This is supposed to be a great 'gaming' platform, much more so than the iPod Touch or iPhone, yet we've only seen rehashed versions of iPhone games. It's been 6 months, and you'd think that you would at least see advertisements for what is to come, but really nothing is out there.

I'm thinking that the developers were holding off until the new OS4 arrived, as many of the games are supposed to be cross platformed between the iPad and iPhone. This is where Apple needs to get these devices more in-synch if they want to maximize the app offering potential.