Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ksolano

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
The new Nokia N95 is now available here in the UK and its really hard to find good true to life customer review of the phone. I’ve heard good and bad things & I want information thats not all hype or fanboys. We all know the Pros and but some of the cons & I’ve heard about the “Crashes” the rubbish “Battery life” and appartenly the camera is rubbish even with its 5mp’s.

Saying all that, the phone still has the most features and all out geekyness (‘-‘)
How does it compare to the Blackberry Pearl? Will the new phone sync with isync?
What do all you guys think?

Cheers, Kevin.

BilltheCat

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2007
Sanford FL
I use a Blackberry

but not the Pearl. Mine is the 7100i and I do update it on my iMac fine. Mine has no camera and I dont miss it. I would like to get an iPhone also but am still unsure if I should wait a yr to make sure it works properly. That and I am not in love with Cingular. best of luck to you with the new phone!

UnclePaulie

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2004
LA, CA
I am surprised more people here aren't talking about the Nokia N95. I just got one for myself a few days ago now that they've been officially released for the US. I must say I am really enjoying my new phone. I have a bad (and expensive) habit of buying new phones and then selling my old ones on eBay at a loss. But I am so impressed with this new Nokia that I might actually keep it for a long time and not jump on the iPhone bandwagon. As far as your debate between the N95 and a Blackberry Pearl, I would choose the N95 hands down.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
Well, I would probably go with the N95 if you are into multimedia, but myself I have simpler needs but would like more extensibility through downloaded apps, so I'm going to go with a new Treo (755p, on Sprint, a US CDMA carrier) shortly, and then maybe jump on the iPhone bandwagon in a couple of years. I have an iPod anyway.

Blackberry phones are so boring, and I *HATE* the new style blackberry keypad style. Gimme full Qwerty!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.