Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
My Creature II speakers right satellite (the one with the volume control) has ceased to function. The light is on, and the volume buttons work, but I can only hear the music very faintly and a hissing sound.
So I figure its time to upgrade speakers. But I would ideally like to keep it under $100. Any suggestions?

drewpace

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2007
i HIGHLY recommend getting refurb klipsch proaudio 2.1's. i just got mine in two days ago and they are great. the total comes to like 102 because of 20 dollar shipping. they are great speakers though. great highs and lows and everything in between. This is the first time i've bought anything refurb; i was a little worried, but now i'm def glad i took advantage of the savings.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
I'll look into those, thanks for the suggestion drewpace

In other news, I played 360 on my speakers, and both the satellites worked. Then i switched back to my computer, and both the satellites worked! I'm happy, but a little worried because these speakers seem very fickle. I'll probably still get some new ones, and retire the creatures to MP3 player duties

JimmyDreams

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2007
I assume my Bose Companion 5 speakers (they connect via USB) will work on my new iMac when it comes??? I sure hope so!!!

JimmyD
:apple::apple::apple::apple:

edit: nevermind! I just checked the Bose product specs and the speakers WILL work with OS X 10.4.6 or later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.