Time Freeze Effect

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by alansmallen, Aug 19, 2007.

1. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

Hey. I've been looking for a tutorial, or someone who knows how to create at Time Freeze Effect (ala "Clockstoppers"). I found a tutorial for After Effects but can't seem to make the translations into Final Cut Pro. Any help would be great. Thanks!

2. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

Are you talking about a Matrix type thing where time freezes but the camera still moves? Because that's not really possible in just FCP. After Effects would almost be a requirement.

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

It's not going to be possible with either unless you've done intense production prep. Have you seen the behind the scenes on The Matrix?

4. sturigdson macrumors regular

Yeah-
    That effect isn't achieved [solely] in post production. They used a large array of high quality synchonized cameras capturing frames in a huge greenscreen studio, then they brought that footage into After Effects to finish the effect. You're not going to be able to get anything that looks or feels like it just by shooting it and using FCP effects.

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I don't think he's talking about the Matrix's "bullet time", but just having everything in the frame freeze except for a specific character.

OP, I don't think there is anyway to do this in FCP. FCP has a lot of compositing ability for an NLE, but it can't replace a program like AE.

Lethal

6. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

I believe the only thing you could do in FCP would be to set up your camera and record the background. Then record yourself in front of a green screen doing the actions you want to do in the clip. It probably wouldn't look the best and you would have to set it up so you dont have too many conflicting areas. It would take a lot of effort. Whatever you do, be sure to post it.