Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luisito00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2017
I have found a couple of times the time frozen when i flipped my wrist to check time. Both times it was two hours late!.
Then i pressed the display with my finger and the time was right again.
I am not using any kind of battery saving mode. Battery was at 90 percent charge.

It is the second severe failure i have found since i own the watch, two weeks ago!. The other one was the watch turning off for no apparent reason.

Apple support has recommended to unpair the watch and pair it again. Apparently they hope wipping the watch could fix anything but i am not so positive.

I have found the failures with firmware 3.1.3 installed.

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Apple support has recommended to unpair the watch and pair it again. Apparently they hope wipping the watch could fix anything but i am not so positive.
Well...

Did you?

You realize that this would be the first thing they'd ask you if you carried it into an Apple Store, too, right?

What if you just rebooted it?

Luisito00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2017
it was not necessary to reset the watch after freezing. Simply tapping the display was enough.
But I did the unpair and pair, just to rule out some installed app could be doing something weird,
I did install about 5 to 6 apps before the watch started to freeze and shutting down by itself. I would tell it is not related to the apps themselves, but somethinng to do with hardware or OS perhaps.

Well...

Did you?

You realize that this would be the first thing they'd ask you if you carried it into an Apple Store, too, right?

What if you just rebooted it?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
it was not necessary to reset the watch after freezing. Simply tapping the display was enough.
But I did the unpair and pair, just to rule out some installed app could be doing something weird,
I did install about 5 to 6 apps before the watch started to freeze and shutting down by itself. I would tell it is not related to the apps themselves, but somethinng to do with hardware or OS perhaps.

Is it working correctly now? If so it was like a software glitch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.