Time in and out of Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rican, Jun 15, 2010.

1. rican macrumors 6502

rican

I was wondering, how long it will take to be in and out of the Apple store given that I will hopefully be in the Pre-order line from 5:30am - till Open 7:00am - how long do you think the process will take ?

I'm wondering because I have summer school from 8am till 1:30pm.

2. absolut` macrumors member

Honestly, you're better off going after class, avoiding the morning lines/rush. Around 2:00, there might not even be any lines.

Also, you're guaranteed an iphone4 that day if you reserved so it would be ready for you to pickup if you went right after class.

3. jpefjr macrumors regular

jpefjr

If you go in after 1:30PM I expect it will take about 4 hours. If you go in before 1:30PM it will take about 6 1/2 hours.

4. rican thread starter macrumors 6502

rican

I don't see the logic behind this - if you are there maybe 15th-40th in line - I don't see it taking more than 1 hour or less... you just walk in, get your phone, walk out...

What is your logic on 6.5 hours?

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

when the servers crashed during the iPhone 3G launch, I was maybe number 45-50 in line of more than 500 (Valley Faire Mall in Santa Clara, Ca) when the store opened at 8:00am, I walked out at 11:45am (and I had been in line since 5am).

So seeing as how both AT&T and Apple's servers crashed today, come June 24th might not be any better. If you have class at 8am, I will say wait until after.

with the iPad launch, I was out in 10 minutes, but then again, I wasn't required to activate my iPad in store.

6. Fredyt911 macrumors newbie

Unless you are one of the first five at least, I doubt you'll make it out before 8 AM. I would recommend to go after class. The lines would probably be gone by then and you would just be able to go "in and out" of the store like you want.

7. rican thread starter macrumors 6502

rican

That is my game plan, I will wait to see how long I can go before 7:45 strikes, and if so, then I am jumping out of line and heading to school then picking up my RESERVED phone by around 1ish... But I just don't want to be waiting in the blazing sun, or run the risk of not even getting my phone the same day.