Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve.mac7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Hello I am new to the forums and forgive me if this has been asked before, but I have searched through forums and not found anything about it besides one topic that had to do with bootcamp beta version 1.1

I just received my MBP 15.4" 2.4 penryn 2 days ago. Everything was working fine, so I then partioned my hd and installed Windows Vista. All was well until today I noticed my time was off in my MAC OS X and then when I would shut down and load Vista the time was off in Vista. I changed the settings back, made sure the time zone was correct, tried it again, same thing. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if there is a fix, and its definetly not the biggest problem but when the time is off and you always have to manually fix it, it does get annoying. Is anyone else having this same issue? and if you are can you share the solution.

Thank you for your time & help

cygni

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2005
I have experienced issues with keeping time twice - once when my battery was dying and once when my memory started to fail.

Does your battery hold a full charge? Try running on your battery until the computer shuts off, then plug it back in to recharge. When booting up after the usual shut down, check to see if it lost the time again and if the battery is showing as fully charged. A battery replacement may be necessary.

Also, use the Hardware test to check the memory.
Hopefully it is just the battery. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.