Time lapse app

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Ripper2010, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Ripper2010 macrumors newbie

Ripper2010

Hi all, I'm looking for a time lapse app for iPad, yes there a are loads and I have loads but none of them take photos while the device is locked, they all just stop taking images, does such an app exist?

Thanks all
    :)

2. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Have you considered turning off auto-lock in settings?

3. Ripper2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ripper2010

Obviously that would work but the point is I want to be able to lock the screen to conserve battery power and please don't suggest connecting the iPad to the charger :D

4. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Your only choice is jailbreaking and using Backgrounder (if you have an iPad 2/3 with pre-iOS6) / Background Manager (if you have an iPad 2/3/4/Mini 1 with iOS6). Then, the time lapse mode of the excellent CameraTweak HD or any time lapse-capable third-party AppStore app* will work just fine with locked screen - I've tested this very thoroughly.

Just make sure you use forced mode, as is also explained in my mini-Background Manager tutorial at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1587698 . With the stock Camera client (if you use CameraTweak HD) it'll be as follows:

[​IMG]

Note that the above screenshot shows an iPhone screen. It'll work just fine on iPads too.

*) Regarding AppStore apps, I've tested ProCam in this respect (my review). Worked flawlessly.

5. Ripper2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ripper2010

Thanks Menneisyys2 I am indeed jailbroken but first I will try ProCam :)

6. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Don't forget CameraTweak HD - it's an absolutely great tweak and works in time lapse mode with BM just fine.