Time Lapse stops after 2-3 seconds

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Scarlet Siren, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Scarlet Siren macrumors regular

Scarlet Siren

I've finally got round to updating my watch to iOS 2. I did this over night and I woke up it installed.

First thing I did was look at the time lapse feature and I notice it is use start and then stop and freeze after 2-3 seconds. What's up with that? :(

I've already restated my phone and watch but it hasn't impoved anything.

Any ideas?

2. coldsweat macrumors 6502

coldsweat

It's meant to do that, there's nothing wrong with your watch! It's kinda like a live photo that bursts into life for the few seconds that you look at the time - you can start the animation over again by tapping the screen!

3. Scarlet Siren thread starter macrumors regular

Scarlet Siren

Oh! I thought the lapse carries on showing beginning to end straight through the day (therefore being longer) picking up according to time

Silly me! I feel daft for starting this thread :oops:

4. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Not daft at all! I also assumed it displayed a continuous 24 hour time-lapse. Until I tried it...

5. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

I thought the same.

So inexcusably crappy for it to stop like it does, it just looks awful.

6. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

yeah, they made a lot of noise about some really dumb/useless features in OS 2. For me, the best part of it has been the better battery life and 3rd party complications. Time lapse? bleh. Time Travel? who cares. Photos for backgrounds? Maybe if they added ANY customization options for those faces i would use it.

We really need 3rd party watch faces. the stock ones are getting pretty boring.

7. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

It did until the final version came out or maybe the next to last beta. In the early betas it did continue as long as you looked at the display and it continued in the keynote as they showed the feature but in the end, they chose to make it run for a few seconds then stop. So, you guys may have seen the presentation and expected it in the final product.

8. manincognito macrumors member

I do agree that I would like more faces or more customisation but then if you buy a standard watch you are stuck with the same face all the time so I wouldn't say I'm bored with them yet, but yes I would like to have some more options certainly...

9. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

That probably explains it - thanks. Wonder if it was changed due to battery usage?

10. BSben macrumors 6502a

The time-lapse view is a bit of a gimmick, but quite a nice one. The only reason I can see why they made it stop so quickly is battery life.

11. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Maybe it was to make it similar to Live Photos so that both faces would look and work the same.

12. Mr.C macrumors 601

I also suspect that continuous time lapse would put too much strain on the battery. It's probably why they modified to what it actually is now.