Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ender17

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
I know this has been done before, but when my brother and I replaced the hard drive in my MBP, we decided to set up his new Canon XSi and make a time lapse movie out of it. Figuring out how to do that took almost as long as the hard drive replacement.

Anyway, he finally got around to finishing it. The music is his work ;)

http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/35025/mbp tl.mov

Kr3st

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2008
How do you make a time lapse video with the XSi? I have one and I would love to know how to do it.

Ender17

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
How do you make a time lapse video with the XSi? I have one and I would love to know how to do it.
all I know is we had to hook it up to his MBP to do it
couldn't do it from the camera alone

edit: hey, i don't have a macrumors forum name, so just tell that person that i used eos utility and connected the camera to the usb.. then after i took the pictures, i used quicktime pro to string them together by selecting "open image sequence"

greenbreadmmm

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2007
thats funny or maybe ironic u put that up today, as i am putting in my new hd today. im not sure if your video made me more worried, or less.

Ender17

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
thats funny or maybe ironic u put that up today, as i am putting in my new hd today. im not sure if your video made me more worried, or less.
the worst part is getting the front latches back in as snug as they should be
and make sure you have a good screwdriver, I found some variability between them even when listed as the same size

greenbreadmmm

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2007
yea looking at my case after the installation, the front latches defiantly arnt on as snug and they were a hassle to get off

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.