Time Lapse Video of MBP Hard Drive Replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ender17, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Ender17 macrumors regular

I know this has been done before, but when my brother and I replaced the hard drive in my MBP, we decided to set up his new Canon XSi and make a time lapse movie out of it. Figuring out how to do that took almost as long as the hard drive replacement.

Anyway, he finally got around to finishing it. The music is his work ;)

http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/35025/mbp tl.mov

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

3. Kr3st macrumors newbie

How do you make a time lapse video with the XSi? I have one and I would love to know how to do it.

4. Ender17 thread starter macrumors regular

all I know is we had to hook it up to his MBP to do it
    couldn't do it from the camera alone

edit: hey, i don't have a macrumors forum name, so just tell that person that i used eos utility and connected the camera to the usb.. then after i took the pictures, i used quicktime pro to string them together by selecting "open image sequence"

5. greenbreadmmm macrumors regular

thats funny or maybe ironic u put that up today, as i am putting in my new hd today. im not sure if your video made me more worried, or less.

6. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Hey, that was just like when I replaced the HD in my MBP....only alot slower :)

Thanks for posting the video!

7. Ender17 thread starter macrumors regular

the worst part is getting the front latches back in as snug as they should be
    and make sure you have a good screwdriver, I found some variability between them even when listed as the same size

8. greenbreadmmm macrumors regular

yea looking at my case after the installation, the front latches defiantly arnt on as snug and they were a hassle to get off