Time left to start watching rental?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by toddngina, Apr 18, 2008.

1. toddngina macrumors member

I downloaded a couple of rental movies to my computer 4 days ago with the plan to move them to my iPhone before heading out on a trip soon. I've rented on my computer in the past, and I could have sworn that there was a little statement by each rental that said "There are xx days remaining..." or something to that effect before it expires. That statement is nowhere to be found now, so I don't have an easy way to tell how much time is left. The little ticket icon for Movies on the far left of iTunes has turned red, I assume that means I'm in the 30 day window. Is this a change to the software? Any easy way to determine how much time is left to watch?

Thx

2. toddngina thread starter macrumors member

Correction, the red ticket icon is by "Rented Movies" not "Movies" in iTunes.

3. Jestered macrumors 6502

Not sure....

I rented an HD movie on my AppleTV the other night with plans on watching it this weekend, but when I checked the AppleTV to see if it was done downloading, it told me that I had 15 hours to watch the movie. I don't know why it started the 24 hours by itself, but it did.

Sorry for getting off topic....

4. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

The pop up window that tells you when your movie is ready to watch is probably your problem.

I was browsing and renting movies with the intent of having a handful ready for watching. I clicked purchase on one and it began to DL in the background. As I was surfing looking for other movies, the popup window telling me my first movie was ready to watch came up.

Just so happen I was pressing the select key for another movie when that came up. Right away I hit menu, but the damage was done, my 24 hours had started.

Not the end of the world as I just watched the movie then. Looking from the outside in, I would say thats what happen to you.