Time limit on alarms?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Faize, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Faize macrumors member

I accidentally set an alarm for 7 PM instead of 7 AM last night, then cooked and ate dinner, watched TV, did the dishes, and finally returned to my room at around 9 PM to discover that my phone had vibrated itself off of my bedside table and was still going :eek:

Every alarm clock that I can recall ever having used, digital or otherwise, has a built-in auto shutoff. Does the iPhone have anything similar?

2. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

This is my only complaint about the iPhone default alarms. I have several daily alarms set and among other occasions where an alarm tolled for a very long time I cannot tell you how many times over the years one went off seconds after I turned on the shower. And I take "Hollywood" showers sometimes and that alarm would ring for 15 to 20 minutes.

I too wish there were a setting to silence an alarm after X minutes.

Mike

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I don't know if they stop or how long it takes because I always turn the alarm off. But how violent does your phone vibrate? My phone doesn't move at all when it vibrates and half of the time I dont feel it vibrate.

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Same here! When my Wife's old Samsung (she hates smartphones!) vibrates you can almost see it jumping up and down!! :)