Time limits only working on one account

Discussion in 'macOS' started by age234, Oct 27, 2007.

1. age234 macrumors 6502

age234

On my iMac G4 I have three Managed accounts and one Administrator account.

I set up some time limits on the Managed accounts, but the limits are only working on one of them. The limits are there in the Preference pane, but on the login screen only account has the "restricted" icon by it, though all three of them should at this time of day.

Clicking on the restricted one prompts for an administrator password, the others just login as if there were no limits. I tried turning Parental Controls off and restarting, then turning them back on, to no avail.

I tried setting up some new accounts with the limits on them, and it worked fine.

So, do I need to move all the stuff over to new accounts, or can I trash a plist or something simple like that? Can anyone help me out?

2. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

I once had a problem with an account not being as restricted as it should be, it turned out to be a problem with permissions. After a Repair Permissions in Disk Utility the account was properly locked down again, and has stayed so ever since.

3. age234 thread starter macrumors 6502

age234

4. age234 thread starter macrumors 6502

age234

Hmm, that didn't work, it actually killed the limits on the working account too.

[edit] I was able to get the one same account working again, the others still aren't working. Any ideas?

[edit 2] I also thought I'd mention that website logging and such is working fine on all the accounts, only time limits isn't.