Time Machine acting Weird since SL

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iMerlin, Oct 24, 2009.

1. iMerlin macrumors 6502a

iMerlin

Since upgrading to SL Ive been having a weird problem with my Drobo which is connected to my AEBS as my airdisk. Up until SL I was using the airdisk as my Time Machine as well as an external storage device for the family's media.
    Well since I have an MBP that I sometimes put into sleep mode, I have to reconnect to my airdisk whenever I wake from sleep mode. This is when it starts acting weird. When I click on my HDD to access my shared drives, the Airport is shown in Finder, I click on the Airport and it shows my Drobo. I click on the Drobo and it mounts on my desktop but the circle spins and nothing shows up in finder. Then if I click on the mounted image on my desktop, Finder opens another window which actually shows the contents of the Drobo.

Screens...
    Click on Finder to show Drobo...
    [​IMG]

Finder window thinking...
    [​IMG]

Drobo mounts on Desktop...
    [​IMG]

Double click on Drobo to open another Finder window. Notice the original Finder window is still thinking about the contents but the new window pops right up...
    [​IMG]

The only reason I have a problem with this is because since this started happening, Im having a hell of a time running Time Machine. It will sometimes mount the sparesbundle, sometimes it times out and doesnt work at all. Ive plugged the Drobo directly into my MBP and ran the disk utility to repair it. It did find errors and I ended up fixing them but still the same operation.

Any ideas??

2. iMerlin thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMerlin

Well, it looks like I have a problem with my sparesbundle file. I plugged my Drobo directly into my Mac again and attempted a Repair Disk and got this error...

[​IMG]