Time Machine and Clean Install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by callmemike20, May 22, 2008.

1. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

I have a 2.2ghz MBP, which came with Tiger. I upgraded to Leopard the day it was released, but I had only done a archive and install. My boot times are long, and sometimes my system is just sluggish in general. I was hoping to do a clean install, but I have some questions:

1) Will have I have erase my windows partition and redo the bootcamp setup?

2) Will I be able to retrieve my library files from time machine so I can still have my Safari favorites, names of people instead of screen names in ichat, mail settings (this isn't a must), and iCal stuff. Basically, can I just copy my library folder and replace the newly created one with it?

As long as I can do this, I wouldn't mind doing a clean install. I actually save all my program install files, so that will be as simple as click and install.

2. zweigand macrumors 6502a

zweigand

1. No. 2. Yes.

3. callmemike20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

One more question. Where are my itunes playlists and artwork files located? I spent hours updating artwork and I don't want to have to do it again.

4. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

just copy the whole "itunes" folder from the music folder

5. callmemike20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

That's what I figured. I just didn't know if they had any hidden files anywhere.

6. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

there shouldn't be. actually, there should be a folder named "album artwork" inside the itunes folder.