Time Machine and iLife 06?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by todd2000, Oct 26, 2007.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Just wondering if Time Machine will work with iPhoto 6, or does it require iLife 08? Also how about iTunes 7, I assume Leopards version must be updated slightly to work with Time Machine right?

2. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I highly doubt it will work with iPhoto 6. Time Machine is a feature that must be built in to apps. iPhoto 6 never had that chance.

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

why would it matter what version of iphoto you're using?

4. polycat33 macrumors 6502

Yeah, couldn't time machine just save the version of the iphoto library file that has the information about what pictures are included in the library at that moment? For either version it's just a selection of files that need to be backed up, right?

5. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

It doesn't matter what version of ilife you have. It doesn't care what version of any program you have. As long as you have OS X 10.5 you are good to go. It backs up everything on your hard drive.

6. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

I know it backs up everything, Im talking about when it comes time to restore some photos lets say. Wouldn't iPhoto require an update to be able to work with TM to restore photos from within iPhoto? I mean sure I can use spotlight and serach for the images, but all of my pics are named DSCxxxx, so thats not very practical.