Time Machine Animations

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by squeakr, Oct 22, 2013.

1. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Maybe I missed it or haven't discovered it yet, but is there a way to turn on time machine animations in the menu bar again.? I miss my spinning dial to let me know that it is working without constantly mousing over the icon. I know this is a minor gripe, but I wonder if it is possible (if not then I will have to deal (it seems to changed and add the arrowhead, but I preferred the spinning icon).

2. Tim098 macrumors newbie

Yes I have this exact same gripe. Initially thought it was a bug. The icon used to spin, now it just kinda looks nearly the same, unless you look carefully and notice the 2nd arrowhead.

3. guitarman777 macrumors regular

guitarman777

Doesn't look like there's an option for that... wonder if there'll be a way for TinkerTool or MacPilot to add an option to switch it back to the animation...

4. Toby Ziegler macrumors regular

Toby Ziegler

Noticed this as well last night. A little detail that I've come to appreciate. :(

5. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Ditto. I can barely see the little triangle indicating a backup in progress. I liked the old way, so I knew when it was done. This is not a step forward, it's just change for the sake of change.