Time Machine Apps

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CavemanUK, Oct 27, 2007.

1. CavemanUK macrumors 6502

CavemanUK

Im suprised that Apple specifically made some kind of module for iPhoto to show up in Time Machine but didnt bother to do one for iTunes... oh well.. V2 maybe...

Anyone notice any other apps that show other than Finder and iPhoto?

UPDATE: Ok... Mail does too ... and address book (thanks psychofreak, just checked and confirmed)

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I haven't got 10.5 yet, but the guided tour mentioned Address book :)

3. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

While iTunes doesn't work yet, i'm sure one could just open finder to the iTunes music folder and use TM with that to recover deleted music.

4. dj4uofa macrumors newbie

Yeah bizare

Yeah it's weird that they didn't make iTunes work. It is a very obvious and strange oversight. It doesn't make sense to go through your music folder and then look for individual files, especially when iPhoto works great with it!

What's stranger to me is that if you look at iTunes and the "traffic lights" close/minimize/expand buttons, they are still the same "Tiger colors". Put up any other group of traffic lights from the Finder or iPhoto or whatever, and you will see.

My only guess is that they are about to release a newer version of iTunes to fix this and make it work with Time Machine as well.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

that's my thoughts exactly

TM works with the finder, mail, iphoto, address book... that's about it! :( i thought it would at least work with itunes and ical... what's the dealyo?

6. chrisgeleven macrumors 6502

From what I understand, it is the actually applications that will need to be updated (not Time Machine itself).

So iTunes 7.5 (or 8) should have Time Machine support.

7. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

ical has just been updated and it doesnt work with TM... very strange that it doesnt work and address book does.