Time Machine Apps

CavemanUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
Rhyl, North Wales
Im suprised that Apple specifically made some kind of module for iPhoto to show up in Time Machine but didnt bother to do one for iTunes... oh well.. V2 maybe...

Anyone notice any other apps that show other than Finder and iPhoto?

UPDATE: Ok... Mail does too ... and address book (thanks psychofreak, just checked and confirmed)

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Round Lake, IL
While iTunes doesn't work yet, i'm sure one could just open finder to the iTunes music folder and use TM with that to recover deleted music.

dj4uofa

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2007
Tucson, Arizona
Yeah bizare

Yeah it's weird that they didn't make iTunes work. It is a very obvious and strange oversight. It doesn't make sense to go through your music folder and then look for individual files, especially when iPhoto works great with it!

What's stranger to me is that if you look at iTunes and the "traffic lights" close/minimize/expand buttons, they are still the same "Tiger colors". Put up any other group of traffic lights from the Finder or iPhoto or whatever, and you will see.

My only guess is that they are about to release a newer version of iTunes to fix this and make it work with Time Machine as well.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
Yeah it's weird that they didn't make iTunes work. It is a very obvious and strange oversight. It doesn't make sense to go through your music folder and then look for individual files, especially when iPhoto works great with it!

What's stranger to me is that if you look at iTunes and the "traffic lights" close/minimize/expand buttons, they are still the same "Tiger colors". Put up any other group of traffic lights from the Finder or iPhoto or whatever, and you will see.

My only guess is that they are about to release a newer version of iTunes to fix this and make it work with Time Machine as well.
that's my thoughts exactly

TM works with the finder, mail, iphoto, address book... that's about it! :( i thought it would at least work with itunes and ical... what's the dealyo?

chrisgeleven

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2002
Manchester, NH
From what I understand, it is the actually applications that will need to be updated (not Time Machine itself).

So iTunes 7.5 (or 8) should have Time Machine support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.