Time machine & apps

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Evangelion, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Evangelion macrumors 68040

i remember how apple showed in the keynote how time machine can be used to restore files inside apps, like iPhoto. I demonstrated TM to my wife and decided to use iPhoto for the demo. Imagine my surprise when I hit the TM icon when I was in iphoto, and the iPhoto-window slid away and was replaced with a finder-window. Why can't i restore inside iphoto? Same thing in itunes. I does work in mail though...

So, is TM supposed to work inside those apps at all?

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

do you have iphoto 7 (from ilife '08)? iphoto 7 works in time machine.

3. Evangelion thread starter macrumors 68040

No, I have iLife 06. But they demoed the feature long before '08 was released.

4. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

They demoed those features long before Leopard was released as well. Should TM work in Tiger, too?

5. CavemanUK macrumors 6502

CavemanUK

Dude, dont be an ass.. he was only asking...

To answer his question...

Even though they might have demo'd it using iPhoto 06, im pretty sure its an '08 only feature now.. Have you got all software updates?

6. Evangelion thread starter macrumors 68040

Well, they were demoing leopard, not tiger. And they were demoing a feature in leopard, not a feature in ilife 08. Nowhere did they say that the feature depends on ilife 08.

Well, the issue with iphoto is not that serious since i use aperture mostly. I was just wondering if there was something wrong with my system