Time Machine backs up to Time Capsule reeeallly sloowwwllly.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by orvn, Sep 3, 2012.

1. orvn macrumors 6502

So I have a 2TB Time Capsule that's a few weeks old.
    It's in bridge mode, connected via ethernet to my wireless modem-router.

The disk from the Time Capsule mounts and appears on the desktop. I can open it and examine the sparse bundles.

The problem is Time Capsule spends HOURS "looking for backup disk" and then MORE HOURS preparing backup.

The backup in question is only about 100mb tops. It wasn't always like this: this is a recent development.

Neither the capsule nor my machine's HDD have undergone any trauma or impact.

I'm running 10.8.1 on an MBP.

Loosely relevant: the Airport utility shows the Capsule has one error: "Failed to Extend Wireless Network". My router allows for the extension of wireless networks, specifically configured for the Capsule's MAC address. When I couldn't resolve this issue I just hit ignore. My Time Capsule worked fine (this was weeks ago). The current issue just began in the last couple of days.

Anyone know why this is happening?

2. macmaster24 macrumors member

Boot in recovery mode and verify and repair your hard drive, then plug in the time capsule via ethernet and do the same. Post back if it worked or not because i may be able to help if its the same problem i had

3. orvn thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll be able to do this tonight- thanks.