Time machine backup: SL and Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by marfape, Aug 28, 2011.

1. marfape macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I have a MBP 13" i5 2011. It came with SL preinstalled and in my stupid positive and optimistic feeling about Apple, I have upgraded to Lion. I am suffering the reducing battery life problem. So, I am thinking seriously to go back to SL. Before I did the upgrade, I made a time machine backup and it is the last one backup with time machine, no any Lion backup. Accordingly the posts I have read, booting wiht the SL DVD I can go back to SL easily.

My question: in case I would want install again Lion (who knows if SL will be just the same as it was...), could I make a time machine backup right now with Lion and do not loose the SL backup that I have in the external HD? If that is the case, I could revert again from SL to this Lion time machine backup.

I hope you can understand my explanation...

Thanks in advance,

2. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

just a warning...
    i thought i could boot off my SL DVD but was unable to do so (its marked as version 10.6.3).
    i was able to recognize it as a remote disk from my MBA but it wasnt capable of booting the MBA... it would just loop...

when i booted of the SL USB that came with the machine itself it worked and i reformatted to SL with no problems what so ever. performance is way back up.

im not sure if it was because of my disc version, the remote disc, or a fluke but if theres a way to check if you can boot off your SL CD before nuking your MBP, verify first.

3. marfape thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi B737,

Thanks. A good first point and step to check and be sure. I'll take in consideration before any change.

Thanks again,