Time Machine - Black screen upon entering ?

stuartrozier

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
Hello,

this is a new problem,

tm used to work like a dream.

entered it today just for curiosity and a black screen appeared ?

i mean, it opens the finder windows on the desktop, but when the animation is due to appear - the screen just goes 'blank' black, poof, bizarre...

and because scant see anything, the only thing that'll help me get back, is by pressing the esc button.

strange

stuartrozier

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
Sorted

Hello,

this is a new problem,

tm used to work like a dream.

entered it today just for curiosity and a black screen appeared ?

i mean, it opens the finder windows on the desktop, but when the animation is due to appear - the screen just goes 'blank' black, poof, bizarre...

and because scant see anything, the only thing that'll help me get back, is by pressing the esc button.

strange
read another post, unchecking something in mission control settings resolves this ... don't know why mission control has something to do with it, but has worked.

macFabri

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2007
Japan
If you have this issue using Yosemite, i found a turn around:

1. Go to Preferences - Mission Control
2. Uncheck "Displays have separate Spaces"
3. logout and login

This will fix Time Machine to display black screen in one monitor. The side effect of this is you loose the abilitty to use monitors as separate spaces but isn't that bad.

Reactions: EssentialGadget

EssentialGadget

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2013
If you have this issue using Yosemite, i found a turn around:

1. Go to Preferences - Mission Control
2. Uncheck "Displays have separate Spaces"
3. logout and login

This will fix Time Machine to display black screen in one monitor. The side effect of this is you loose the abilitty to use monitors as separate spaces but isn't that bad.

Thanks - this solved my problem!!!!