Time Machine/Carbon Copy Cloner

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by glasgowpower, Oct 19, 2010.

1. glasgowpower macrumors newbie

I have a minor problem that I'm probably over complicating...

I just did a clean install of Snow Leopard on my older macbook. I did not specifically back up my itunes purchases, however, I did do several Time Machine back ups as well as manually moving data via Finder (copy "Macintosh HD" and paste to folder on external), and finally a clone using CarbonCopyCloner.

I wanted to start fresh, but I failed to think of my iTunes purchases, as well as iPhone app purchases/downloads.

Is there some way I can specifically restore iTunes from the back up without having to restore from a TimeMachine backup?

That's not that bad and, hopefully I'm not under simplifying this either. I just don't want to have to do a full restore, only to go right back and redo the clean install.

If there is some way just to get it to where iTunes has all my purchases, that's my ultimate goal.

2. glasgowpower thread starter macrumors newbie

I mean, the audio files have to be somewhere on your Mac. I just can't seem to figure out where this data is stored.

3. Mactrillionaire macrumors regular

Select "Check for Available Downloads..." from the Store menu in iTunes. The first time you connected your iOS device, it should have asked if you wanted to transfer the purchases from your iOS device to your Mac, but it does not always do this. I think you may have to authorize the computer before attaching the iOS device or it will not ask that.