Time Machine crashes on start up

Discussion in 'macOS' started by santangelo, Nov 4, 2007.

1. santangelo macrumors regular

Hi

I have finally got past the first step of time machine and i now have it backing up.

Next problem now is that when i click on TM in the apps folder my mac crashes/freezes cant do anything other than hold the power button down to do a restart!

Its not even giving me a crash report once it starts up again, do you have any ideas what could be wrong with it.

Thanks

2. jon1287912345 macrumors newbie

me too

I have the same problem with this. The backups look like they are working fine but when I go to open time machine, it opens a duplicate window (the one I am in) and freezes at the top of the bounce in the dock. I have a G4 with 2GB ram and a proc upgrade at 1.8Ghz dual.

3. santangelo thread starter macrumors regular

after loads of phone calls with apple they have told me to bring it to an apple store as its a hardware fault now or so they say yet tiger worked a treat and never crashed.

i've tried everything! usernames change zero data format re set the pram.

i also have a macbookpro thou and its working sweet with that so really dont understand why my powermac G5 cant

ill hope fully know in a few days as they have kept the G5 to do further tests.