Time Machine deletes all backups every 14 days

Discussion in 'macOS' started by brasax, Jul 3, 2011.

1. brasax macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I have a bigger issue with my MBP (2010) and Time Machine..

TM is backing up on a harddisc connected to my Airport Extreme. Was using Filevault before and had no problems to make the backups (while I was logged in).

Disabled FV and since then, Time Machine has some problems. First one, it is deleting every 14 days all the backups without a warning.

Second, it is not deleting everthing from the hdd, 300 GB are left (on a 500 GB hdd). Problem now, TM tries to make a full backup with 350 GB.

I have no idea. Disabled TM, deleted the .plist of the TM, started from the scratch, but after 14 days, the same ********..

It was working 1 year without any problems, only once a full backup was needed and not every 14 days. I do not download that much. In the morning I had 100 GB free on the hdd, because I was wondering, that TM is still working, but this afternoon I got the message, TM wants to backup 350 GB.. Damn..

Is there someone, who has an idea what the problem could be? Or any solution?

Many thanks in advance!

brasax

2. brasax thread starter macrumors newbie

Still have the problem..

Is there nobody who has an idea?

3. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Unfortunately the current FileVault breaks a lot of stuff. The new version in Lion will be much better.

You may want to try wiping your time capsule disk and starting fresh, just make sure you take a backup of your data first somewhere else.

4. brasax thread starter macrumors newbie

I disabled FV and I´m not using the TC, I use an external hdd on the Airport Extreme..

Anyway, I formatted the disc , started TM again, but after 14 days, always the same is happening. It is making me nuts..

Using also CCC on antother external hdd..