Time machine DISK EJECT issues(automatic backups)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by kayleee, Sep 25, 2015.

1. kayleee macrumors regular

so...I now have time machine automatic hourly backups enabled on macbook air....BUT, WHEN I CLOSE THE LID, SLEEP , THE DISK WHICH I HAVE PLANNED TO KEEP INSERTED ALL THE TIME, EJECTS!

which is obvious, that if you sleep the mac, the disk will automatically eject...i owner how automatic backup users tackle this....

is there a way to never eject that hard disk which is meant for automatic backups on mac every hour?
    so no matter if I sleep orclose the lid, it doesn't eject itself?

also, to add to the problems, even if I manually eject the disk(eject from mac not the physical disk) before sleeping, when i wake up the mac, the disk isn't detected by the mac unless I unplug and plug it back in...

Any help here? :(

2. apple-ette macrumors member

To solve the manually eject problem, I ended up using Jettison - it automatically unmounts at sleep and then mounts at wake.

Alternatively I set my MBP to never sleep.

3. kayleee thread starter macrumors regular

Hi,
    how long have you been using this?
    has it causes any issues with the hard drive(like cannot read.slow copy etc) ?

is it reliable? again, how long have you been using it?

id rather eject manually rather than getting my hard drive which has backups, to get damaged...

Pls help,thank you....

4. kayleee thread starter macrumors regular

5. apple-ette macrumors member

Sorry, I just saw your response. I've been using it almost 6 months. I haven't had any issues. I'd rather not have to eject each time, but I got tired of seeing those "improperly ejected" messages.

Good luck.