Time Machine Error

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pake, Feb 15, 2008.

1. pake macrumors regular

Hello all!

I had been backing up with Time Machine to a firewire external drive; everything went well until I installed 10.5.2. Now TM stays at "preparing backup" for 15 min and then shows me the attached dialog box. I've restarted, run maintenance scrips, etc. I can write to that disk and read from it; as I say, the only thing that changed was my Mac OS X version. What could be wrong and what could I do? (apart from downgrading do 10.5.1, please)

Attached Files:

2. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I think you might find this page helpful. :)

3. pake thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you, that's exactly what happens. I'll give it a try!

4. Lertie32 macrumors member

Time Machine errors

You've got to be kidding... pointing to a site that requires paid subscription to get the solution?!

Will somebody actually post the solution in THIS forum for those of us needing help??

5. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Well, thank you but as the OP of this thread can confirm when I linked the above page to this thread the article was particularly visible to all users.

Thus, I can only assume that either A) MacFixit only offers their newest articles for free and then after a certain amount of days archives and only allows access by paying subscribers -OR- B) MacFixit has just changed their policy period and has now gone all pay.

Whichever the case may be I most certainly did not point to a site that requires a paid subscription. It was freely available when I wrote it.

In fact the information is still on their front page.

Scroll down about half the page and look for the title "Time Machine Problems A'Plenty.

Thank you for the snide insinuation by the way. :p

6. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I updated the link above to the correct one. It seems that MacFixit changed the URL for some reason I cannot fathom.

See here.