Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravikc

Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
hey guys

so i have a 750gb drive connected to my macpro - been using it for months now with no problem at all - and i have time machine editor doin daily instead of hourly backups on it

i was under the impression it automatically deletes older backups as they fill up and continues to add new one

but a day or two ago its tellin me my drive is full..says 22gb left and needs 45 to do the nextbackup..basically can someone tell me why it just wont automatically delete an old one and continue on

what am i missing here?

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
Go into Time Machine's preferences and uncheck the box that says warn me before deleting older backups.

ravikc

Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Go into Time Machine's preferences and uncheck the box that says warn me before deleting older backups.

tried it with and without the options selected and i get the same thing ...ive attached an image of the error

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 51

ravikc

Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Do you use VMWare? Time Machine backs up the entire folders associated with this if you are.

Goto the TM preferences and add it to the ignore list of what you want backed up.

yah i added the vmware to the exceptions list when i first started time machine so its not in there

any ides how i can get it back up and running?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.