Time Machine error

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fireshot91, Jan 23, 2010.

1. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I have a 1TB Time Machine drive, and a 750GB main drive. So far, it's been backing up just fine, until yesterday. I got this error (See picture), and so I was like "Okay, it probably ran out of room while in the middle of a backup, next time it'll erase the previous backups, and all'll be fine". Well, it still kept on doing it, this morning, and again right now.

Any ideas, other than manually going back and deleting the backups?

Attached Files:

2. georgegarrigues macrumors newbie

If your internal hard drive has everything on it you need right now (and it is running OK), why would you need any backups at this point? You could just start over and run a new Time Machine backup (after first excluding any files for which you wouldn't need a copy — like, for example, applications, where you still have the installation disks)?

Sincerely, your friend, George

3. Jackyl macrumors newbie

Time Machine error

If everything on you internal hard drive is exactly how you want it and don't need any files from a previous backup, why not just go to disk utility and erase the whole hard drive and start from scratch.

4. Jackyl macrumors newbie

Time Machine error

I'm sorry my reply was so close to yours, I apologize, I was only trying to get my reply in.

5. georgegarrigues macrumors newbie

Sin problema, senor!:p