Time Machine External Icon

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Gentile, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Gentile macrumors regular

Gentile

Just curious if I can change this.

When my external drive is plugged into my Airport Extreme, it only appears as a white disk on the desktop - like when you mount a disk image.

How does one change the appearance of this drive to turn it back to the Time Machine Icon?

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You can get new icons on this site. http://interfacelift.com/icons-mac/index.php?sort=date

Then right-click or control-click on the drive and choose "Get Info" and do the same for the new icon you downloaded. Copy and paste the new icon to the white drive icon.

If you want the Time Machine icon you will have to surf for that one. I don't think that website I offered has that one.

P.S. You can always try Candybar as well for icons.

3. Gentile thread starter macrumors regular

Gentile

I guess I thought I could do that, but why does it not show up automatically? Did I change a setting somewhere?

Not a big deal, but it got me curious.

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

What I noticed is when I have my Time Capsule hooked directly to my iMac it will show the Time Machine icon. When I connect my Time Capsule wirelessly I get standard Macintosh HD icon. When I connect my iPod to my Time Capsule as an air disk I get a white icon on the desktop from the iPod.

I guess it has to be connected directly to get the Time Machine icon.