Time Machine Failing, HELP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RedRallyeZ, Feb 5, 2011.

1. RedRallyeZ macrumors regular

Ive got a 2010 13" MBP with a replacement 1TB Samung HDD. The samsung drive is on its way out, has been failing repeatedly, so ive contacted OWC and they are going to replace it for me.

The problem now is that ive tried to update my time machine backup and i keep getting a message that says this: " THE backup was not performed because an error occurred while copying files to the backup disk."

"The problem may be temporary. Try again later to back up. If the problem persists, use disk utility to repair your backup disk" Well, Its not temporary and ive used disk utility to repair, erase, and partition the drive to see if it could fix itself, and its the same error message. right now im trying to use the original 250gb hdd to do a backup but its moving incredibly slow. Im not necessarily worried about the speed of the backup, but rather of underlying data integrity issues.

Any suggestions? ive thought about CCC or super duper, but i would like know what is causing this issue. I really dont what to lose this data when the new drive comes in.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If the source drive is failing, that's probably the problem.

3. RedRallyeZ thread starter macrumors regular

I knew that had something to do with it.

The second try of the backup is still going, but once again, still incredibly slow. Im going to try the original backup destination drive again to see if i can do a CCC on it.

anybody with any suggestions or insight is welcome.