Time Machine Graphic Weirdness

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Victor Odin, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Victor Odin macrumors member

I've had a MBP for about 2 months. 17" Hi-Res, 4GB, 2.6GHz Penryn.

I don't mess around with Time Machine much, but I just had reason to search for some old files that I deleted.

While in there, scrolling back and forth though files and up and down, I have noticed some very random graphical weirdness that I cannot replicate. It just happens at random from within TM. It even happened once when I launched a video from within the TM.

When I am scrolling, it seems like the screen flickers every now and again. Sometimes for 1 second, sometimes rapidly for 10 seconds. It's like the brightness is switched on and off quickly or the screen is being re-drawn repeatedly in a weird way. I don't really think it's the brightness, because the sun at the very back stays white, but the graphic elements all flash.

I don't THINK it's the graphics card, because I can stress the hell out of the 8600 in 3D games, and it doesn't do anything unusual.

As a matter of fact, the screen doesn't do anything unusual in anything other than Time Machine.

Has anyone else seen the screen freak out when scrolling through a couple of months of folders on a 1TB USB drive?

Usually when I notice a weird issue, I am the only one who experiences it, so I doubt this time will be any different, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks for any insight.

2. Victor Odin thread starter macrumors member

Why, oh why am I the only person that always has bizarre problems?

I would jump in front of a bus to end my misery, but I fear that I would merely become entangled in the grill, and be paralyzed for life ... leaving me unable to masturbate, thus entirely removing my sole reason for living.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Is this only on Time Machine or just quick motion.

That is the only reason you need this fixed. :p